Introducing our new partner: Green Home Institute January 23 2015, 0 Comments
Our news of the week: we've partnered with GreenHome Institute (GHI) out of Grand Rapids, MI, to offer Building Science Basics to more folks in the industry. Through GHI, Building Science Basics is eligible for more continuing education credits:
10 CE hours for AIA-HSW
10 CE hours for USGBC
4.5 CEUs for BPI
GHI (formerly known as Alliance for Environmental Sustainability) is led by Brett Little, who was recognized in 2014 by Home Energy Magazine as one of the 'Top 30 under 30' to watch in the industry. GHI offers a training program that results in the GreenHome Associate designation. Once you have your GreenHome Associate designation under your belt, you become a GreenHome Professional by completing a certified green project. GHI also has a certification program for green, energy efficient remodeling projects called GreenStar Homes (more on that in a different article).
There are three components to the GreenHome Associate training, all online:
Building Science Basics (that's us!)
- House as a System
- Indoor Air Quality
- Ventilation and Combustion Spillage
- Air Sealing Fundamentals (bonus module!)
Green Building: Principles and Practices in Residential Construction (online reading)
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Interior Finishes.
- Renewable Energy
- GreenHome Certification & Labels 101
- The Most Accessible Home in Country – An Overview
- Journey to LEED Platinum and Almost Passive House
- America’s Oldest Net Zero Home Remodel – How did they do it?
- Natural Building in Cold & Wet Climates