Knowledge & Skill Building Areas
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the House as a System Concept
- Interpret the role of sustainable development in construction
- Understand how building science affects building durability and occupant comfort
- Categorize the signs, symptoms and solutions for good indoor air quality
- Understand building envelope details and how they control or contribute to heat, air, and moisture flows
- Understand mechanical systems
Here is a snippet from the module on Windows and Doors:
Course availability: Online learning allows you to work at your own pace from the comfort of your own computer any time of the day or night. Construction Technology takes between 15 to 18 hours to complete (including reviews, quizzes, etc.)
The course is made up of fourteen online modules that you access from our secure Learning Platform. Each module includes a downloadable study guide to accompany the online learning program. See a list of modules and content here. There is a review and quiz at the end of each module to help you gauge your understanding of the topics covered. You can review any section or topic in any module as many times as you require.
Once you have completed all fourteen modules, you take the final test, which you may only take once.
A grade of at least 70% earns you a Certificate of Course Completion in both PDF and laminated wallet-sized formats.
- You have 90 days to finish the course from when you first begin (...but you can contact us if you need an extension)
- All prices are in Canadian dollars plus GST/HST for sales within Canada.
- At this time the course is not available for tablets or smartphones.