Envelope Specialist for New Construction
This course introduces you to building science and energy efficient new* construction in cold climates. The aim of this course is to help you develop a working knowledge of heat, air, and moisture flows in a house, and how air sealing, insulation, and high performance windows can significantly reduce energy consumption, increase comfort levels and provide good indoor air quality in a new house.
*NOTE: Choose the Envelope Specialist course for either Existing or New, but NOT both.
|Qualifies for: 4.5 BPI Continuing Education Units
This course is comprised of two modules. You may take the final test only once. When you have passed the final test with a grade of at least 70% you will be issued a Blue House Energy certificate of course completion as a PDF.
This course will take an estimated 9 hours to complete for initial and subsequent module reviews, module quizzes, final test and review of the downloadable resources.
The course will be available for use for eight (8) weeks from the date of purchase. Please contact us if you need to request an extension.
At this time these courses are not available for tablets or smartphones.
All prices are in Canadian dollars plus GST/HST for sales within Canada.
Module 4: Air Sealing
- Explain the purpose of air sealing
- Distinguish between air barriers and vapor barriers
- Describe the need for a drainage plane
- List common air sealing materials for new construction
- Describe at a high level air sealing techniques
Module 5: Windows and Doors
- Explain how heat transfer through windows affects human comfort
- Describe the features of high-performance windows
- Describe the features of new doors